Wow, did you realise how hard it was to organise hiking the Overland Track?
- The plan: Enjoying a hassle free trip on the Overland Track. Taking the right gear, food and having enough inside knowledge to make it hassle free.
- The reality: Heavy packs, wet gear and blisters and then eating 2 minute noodles and being cold. This is after spending days, pre-trip, working out all the complicated logistics of how to get there and back home.
What if you could get a stack of information and advice from walkers with over 18 Overland Tracks hikes between them.
Advice that saves you time, ensures you are properly prepared, shares a huge amount of tips and tricks to make the journey hassle free and safe.
The Overland Track is an eBook designed to give you the skill and inspiration to tackle the Overland Track in Tasmania. Created by experienced multi day hikers, it is packed with tips and ideas to make bookings, preparation, planning, gear selection, packing and cooking meals easy.
The great thing is it includes a comprehensive guide on how to juggle bookings, flights, transfers and accommodation and then helps you sort out gear and food. It is also current information, the latest update was March 2014.
Best Still – as it’s a downloadable eBook you can have it today (with no need for delivery fees) ! It’s just $A9.99
What people who have used our guide are saying about it
Well, it is all done, thanks to your ebook! I am SO glad I have it, you have no idea how helpful it has been for this trip. Thank you so much. On page 14 you give all the details on travel from Devonport via Tassielink. I hadn’t noticed it at first, as it is under the heading From Launceston to Cradle Mountain, but I was going through the book with a fine tooth comb to see what bits I had missed, and there it was, the Tassielink bus details from Devonport Info Centre, Sheffield, and Cradle Mountain. Problem solved !!!!!!! A million thank you’s.Many, many thanks little ebook. – Georgina
Hi Frank, Just made it back. A wonderful 7 day trip – with my daughter. A few aches and pains, nothing serious, lots of good memories and pics.
Your ebook was key to our planning – went without a hitch. I thought I’d share some of my thoughts on planning. Most are already covered in your ebook, but some personal ones you might or mightn’t use. – Rex
I think your e-book was very comprehensive and complete. It contains a wealth of good advice. I think if I were to do it again I would concentrate on trying to get the pack weight down a bit. We probably had a bit more food than needed and a few unneccessary extras but overall we had the right gear. We had minimal injuries – our daughter had a few blisters and Dianne developed a sore knee but other than that we got through without drama. – Bruce
The Overland Track guide – What’s inside
This 60 plus page downloadable PDF eBook is written with the first time Overland Track hiker in mind. It is packed with inside knowledge and tips to help you plan and execute your trip.
Why are we so proud of this eBook and believe it is a must read for anyone who is planning on walking from Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair?
- Because it’s practical – It is written by two experienced people who love the Overland Track. We learnt the hard way how to organise our trips to Tasmania and get on the Track quickly and simply. We show you how to juggle flights, booking and transfers to the start and home at the end. There is a full packing list of what to take or leave at home. We have even included a menu plan and tips to stop the possums and birds raiding your food.
- Because it’s easy to read – we have kept the information clear and easy to follow. Broken into easy to read and logical sections, the book guides you through every step from planning your trip to deciding on what to eat or wear.
- Because it’s easy to use – As an eBook it’s easy to read on your computer or reader, search for different ideas or navigate around the chapters. You can also print out the whole guide or just sections to use or read later.
- Because it’s for everyone – Designed to help out first timers, this guide is the most comprehensive resource for anyone who plans to hike the Overland Track. It is simple, concise and included a lot of tips and tricks to make your trip fun and easy
- Because it’s accessible – beautifully designed, easy to read and available for immediate download as a PDF today
- Because it’s guaranteed – you get a 60 day, No Questions Asked, Money Back guarantee
Here is a sample of some typical pages:
Let us share our experience with you on this fantastic journey.
The Overland Track guide is several chapters all packaged into one easy to read PDF.
Preparation – what to do before you go
- How to juggle flights, transport and booking availability
- Where to stay and shop before you start the walk
- How to get your non-hiking clothes and gear to your destination without carrying them
- What to pack and carry on the journey
Gear and clothing – we share all our gear ideas
- Check out our detailed clothing plan including what to wear and carry (and what NOT to take)
- Read our list of tips and tricks to keep your pack weight down
- Get details on the tents, packs, gear and equipment we have successfully taken on our many trips
Food and meal ideas – read our simple menu plan and what we take to eat
- A simple menu plan to get you started on what to eat
- Recipes and food ideas so you eat well
- What we take to cook and eat with on the trip
Risks, help and safety advice – We hope you don’t need this advice but we included it anyway, just in case
- First aid kit suggestions, what we take and use.
- How to protect your gear from possums, birds and other pests
- What to do if you encounter a tiger snake
- How to prevent and treat blisters
Advice and tips – things we have learnt that keep us coming back for more
- Tips to keep your pack weight down.
- Huts or tent? What we do and why.
- Side trips and hiking plan, how we plan our trip
For a full table of contents click here.
About the Authors
Frank and Sue Wall have hiked the Overland many times in the last few years. We love the Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair area in Tasmania and have shared many of our adventures through Our Hiking Blog. Based in Geelong, Victoria, we try and hike the Overland Track at least once a year and visit Tasmania as often as possible.
Feedback from people who have used the guide
I came across this great resource during one my regular online visits to the bushwalking forums , Bushwalk Tasmania and Frank and Sue’s own blog “Our Hiking Blog”. I am from Queensland Australia , and am planning a return trip to do the Overland Track and I have been trying to plan my trip from afar.The logistics of planning my first solo OT trip is rather daunting.
I am a fairly experienced through walker, but am still anxious about organising the fine details of such a trip from a long way away.Frank and Sue’s e-Book has been a “godsend”.
The fine detail of “how,when, where and why” are comprehensively covered and the links within to other associated walking resources are invaluable – something no other hard cover book could even attempt to cover.
This one resource will open up an information gateway to a safe and less complicated trip into some of the most spectacular areas in Australia. From which bus to catch there, to what food and gear to take and where to get it in Tassie, is covered.
There are many Overland Track resources available (and this e-Book refers you to these ). What is not covered in these other resources are the specific logistics of organising such a trip.
Frank also offers his opinion and give his wise advice about a range of OT specific areas and it has assisted me greatly in my planning.
Thanks for putting together such a valuable resource.
Hi Frank and Sue
Yes I have purchased your excellent ebook and it’s really been fantastic to have such a resource to plan my trip next month. It’s enabled me to arrange all bookings (Tassielink bus, Centennial hotel, Jetstar, ferry) and of course the permit and pass to undertake the walk. I can certainly see the benefit of flying in the day before and have decided to do so.
60 day, No Questions asked Guarantee
If you are not satisfied that the Overland Track guide has not helped you have a great trip just let us know and we’ll refund your money in full.
That’s how confident we are this resource will help you.
Download your Copy Today
The Overland Track guide is ready for your download right now for $A9.99 – to secure your copy simply click the “Download it Now” button below and you’ll be taken to the page where you can make your payment via Paypal or Credit card and get immediate access for download.
If you are interested in both of our eBooks, the Overland Track guide and Food to Go, we are offering a bundled download , saving $5.00 off the total cost.
Food to Go makes a great companion for the Overland Track with huge amount of additional ideas, recipes, tips and tricks to help you eat great food on your adventure.
Click below and select the package you require.