At Our Hiking Blog we try and mix up a variety of topics and information each time we publish an article.
Over the last five years the site has evolved from a spot where we have chronicled our personal trips, to something broader, with a stack of different topics we think you, our readers, may find interesting.
These have broadly included:
- Trip reports – both Australian and international
- Gear reviews from people who have ited it
- Food, meal and menu planning ideas
- Interviews with interesting people we have discovered from around the world
- Highlighting some exceptional wilderness photography
- Reviewing and encouraging you to visit some other fantastic outdoor sites
- Providing resources and information so that people can get into the outdoors and enjoy themselves safely
In addition we have published two eBooks drawing on our experiences AND a lot of help from you, our readers.
While continuing to provide great information here, our loosely defined and very general plans are to keep developing eBooks. They are a great medium to share information and get a small return for the time involved (you would not do it just for the money, you would be eating bread and dripping)
We already have one in the planning stages and a free one, half completed, covering “What clothes to wear and take on a multi day trip”
So over to you valued readers, we are seeking your feedback:
- What topics would you like to see more of on Our Hiking Blog?
- Have YOU done a great trip and would love to share it with our readers?
- Have YOU got a favourite piece of gear or equipment you are dying to write about?
- Have YOU got a funny story, great pictures or MUST DO trip you would like to tell the world about!
- Do you know someone in the outdoor world who would make a great interview subject?
- Have you got an idea for an eBook that you would be keen to collaborate with us to produce?
If you have any ideas where we can keep sharing interesting and useful information, leave us a comment below or shoot Frank an email at email@example.com . We would love to hear from you.