What is the best layering system for winter hiking or bushwalking?
Are you chasing a warm layer or a waterproof shell?
Looking for quality products at a reasonable price?
Berghaus have been in the outdoor clothing industry since 1966 and are renowned for creating some of the worlds most innovative outdoor clothing and equipment.
They have a staggering range of jackets, a couple of example are:
RG1 Light Jacket:
Their lightweight summer shell is an ideal choice if you want to save carrying extra weight in your day pack.
It features 2 Zippered hand pockets to keep items secure. The hood folds neatly into the collar when not in use.
- Rollaway Hood
- 2 External Pockets
- Adjustable Cuffs
- Adjustable elasticated drawcord hem
Cornice IA men’s Jacket
- 2 Layer GORE-TEX Performance Shell for top level performance and breathability
- This outer jacket can be used as part of the Berghaus InterActive (IA) system and have a Berghaus fleece zipped into it to form a layering system
- Roll away hood with stiffened peak and volume adjuster for a better fit
- Warm lined collar for extra comfort
- Retained elasticated waist and adjustable hem draw cords
- Two zipped hand warmer pockets
- Zipped internal map pocket
Interestingly, Berghaus is a UK company. From their website the background is explained:
Back in 1966, a day out on the hills or crags could often be spent without seeing a soul. Those people who did get out there tended to know, or at least know of, each other. It was in this environment that two keen climbers and mountaineers from the North East of England opened the first specialist outdoor retail store in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The LD Mountain Centre quickly made its mark and joint founders Peter Lockey and Gordon Davison began to build an excellent reputation. The new store imported a range of products for UK distribution and this wholesale arm of the business needed a name. Thus, ‘Berghaus’ was born.