While it may well be into the New Year, another jewel in our Christmas stocking was the Sea to Summit’s Ultra-Sil™ Day Pack.
It is a very impressive new product from Sea to Summit tracked down by Clare, our Outdoor Education qualified daughter.
Why did she like it? Some specs that may appeal:
- Volume – 20 Litres – it is HUGE!
- Packs down small so it easily fits in pockets, purses or luggage – this is true, check out the pic with the keys below!
- Simple, streamlined design so it’s light and low profile – perfect, no eye candy or “tassles”
- Siliconized Cordura® for strength and durability – feels really strong
- Water resistant fabric – not sure if we would rely on it to keep my clothes dry
- Two-way zipper closure – handy
We basically think it will be perfect for:
- Throwing in your pack on a multi-day trip if you know there are side trips you might do so you can take a raincoat, snack and drink bottle with you.
- keep it in your pocket, handbag or purse on a shopping trip, it will hold heaps of goodies
- take it grocery shopping and save using plastic bags for just a few items.
The blurb from Sea to Summit expands a bit more:
Sea to Summit’s Ultra-Sil™ Day Pack is not only ultra-light, strong and compact but very practical. Made from our proprietary Ultra-Sil™ siliconised Cordura® fabric, the tiny palm-size pack fits easily onto your key ring, in a jacket pocket or purse. Perfect as a summit pack, for carrying groceries when on foot or on a bike, as an extra travelling tote or for anyone wanting to reduce their environmental footprint by saying no to plastic bags.
Not sure, it was a gift but I think she purchased it at Mountain Designs…