We debated about sharing this competition with you.
We debated it a lot, as we really don’t want to reduce our chances of winning such an incredible array of prizes.
But, against our better judgment, and all in the cause of promoting the Great Ocean Walk, here are the details:
- The Great Ocean Walk now seems to be promoted by Tourism Victoria as part of Victoria’s Nature-Based Tourism Strategy
- There is a new marketing strategy centred around : The Great Ocean Walk – The Art of Walking
- Three “Walking Greats” will be featured , embarking on a journey along the Great Ocean Walk that looks to explore The Art of Walking – it will culminating in a premier documentary set for release in March 2010.
To promote the Great Ocean Walk a “Win the Ultimate Walking Holiday Competition” is being run that is so simple (and FREE) to enter, we both did it in 3 minutes last night. This is the link to the entry page. It closes at midnight on 31st January so get your entry in soon!
We are sure it is a great way for Tourism Victoria to collect some nice demographic details but when you check out the prizes, we were happy to share our email addresses!
And the prizes are:
- 2 return airfares to Melbourne flying Virgin Blue
- Helicopter transfers to the Great Ocean Walk including scenic flight
- 4 day fully escorted walking tour with Auswalk including 3 nights accommodation, food and wine, and transfers
- Nikon SLR Camera valued at $5000
- Clothing and accessories to the value of $2500 supplied by Mountain Designs
- 1 night in Warrnambool staying at The Sebel Deep Blue including spa treatment for two
- 1 night in Melbourne staying at Lyall Hotel including dinner at the Press Club
- 1 night in Apollo Bay staying at Captains at the Bay including dinner at Chris’s Beacon Point
- Case of premium Victorian wine
- Plus more
As you can see, this is not a slab of beer or a packet of chips, this is a full on list of fantastic items, spectacular. (we REALLY want to win!)
Good luck to all who enter. We love the Great Ocean Walk , it is in our “back yard”,about 90 minutes drive from home. Check out the “Similar Posts” section below, we have several posts about our trips and holidays along the walk and the Great Ocean Road.
p.s. If you work for Tourism Victoria or any company involved with the Great Ocean Walk and would like to advertise on “Our Hiking Blog”, then shoot us an email, we would love to chat. The rates are very reasonable.
Images borrowed from the beautiful Art of Walking – Great Ocean Walk site. We hope they don’t mind…